Thursday 8 August 2013

Welcome to my crazy world

I thought it was about time I started blogging about things that are important to me. Stuff that makes me laugh, cry or totally wind me up.

Let's start with the word 'crazy'. The Oxford English dictionary has a number of different meanings for this word, depending on the context on which it is used:


adjective (craziercraziest)

  • 1mad, especially as manifested in wild or aggressive behaviour:Stella went crazy and assaulted a visitora crazy look
  •  extremely angry:the noise was driving me crazy
  •  foolish:it was crazy to hope that good might come out of this mess
  • 2extremely enthusiastic:I’m crazy about Cindy[in combination]:a football-crazy bunch of boys
  • 3(of an angle) appearing absurdly out of place or unlikely:the monument leant at a crazy angle
  •  archaic (of a ship or building) full of cracks or flaws; unsound.

noun (plural crazies)

chiefly North American
  • a mad person:keep that crazy away from me
Different emotions are evoked - anger, recklessness, the absurd, insanity, but also fun and love. I guess that just about sums me up. Welcome to my crazy world :)



No comments:

Post a Comment